Wednesday 11 September 2013

Ruby Slippers for Sept. 13 7-8 pm



Hey everybody,

It's Hump Day around here, and let me tell you, the whole "Last -of-Summer" high temperatures/humidity is getting on my final nerve.  Let the Fall roll in, for Pete's sake!
But with mid week, weather not withstanding, comes the posting of this week's playlist, and that is always a job I look forward to.  Shook it up a bit this time. Loads of Canadian artists and some stuff from the mystery that is the CD collection in this place.

Hope you will join me on Game Day, and discover for yourself something you had never heard before.

Painful Like...Austra  (from the Olympia album)
A Prince's Shadow...Jon Davis
The Mummer's Dance...Loreena McKennitt  (she makes me think of Fall)
Fifty Fifty...The Luyas
Broken Bones and Pocket Change...St. Paul and the Broken Bones
Rip It Up...Wanda Jackson (America's Sweetheart)
Red Light Love...Those Darlins
Body Of Work...The Mynabirds
Girls' Night Out...The Knife
What a Biddy Is...Navy
Secret March...The Wet Secrets
Never Coming Down...White Hot Jet
Romeo Romeo...The Vapids
O.P.K....White Coals (from North Bay)
Always Where I Need To Be...The Kooks
Red Morning Light...Kings of Leon (I walked around and listened to this for 6 months)
Land of the Freak...King Khan and the Shrines


Stay cool, then stay warm. And dry. Well, you know what I mean.
And thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment